Keeping Cats Out of Flower Beds

How do I stop pets (cats) from pooing and urinating in my flower beds?

By Chantal from Rancho Cordova, CA

Keeping Cats Out of Flower Beds

Well, this may not be relevant to your situation, but here is mine! I have a very large patch of sand I use for my desert gardening. The dang neighbor's barn cats were using it for their litter box. But this this year I added six new cacti - I think the cactus patch is thick enough now. Not a single new cat poop. Suggestion:? make it uncomfortable for them to use, pruned rose branches, red pepper, or pine cones. Wendopolis, Cyinda, PICO, and T&T Grandma have the right idea too. Different methods work for different situations. (07/16/2010)

By theoldgardenergal

Grey tabby cat laying in outdoor flower bed.
Keeping Cats Out of Flower Beds
stack of railroad ties
Using Railroad Ties for Raised Vegetable Beds
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
sunken garden beds
Sunken Beds for Arid Climates
curved flower beds
Shaping Flower Beds