Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Is there a cheap and easy way to repel cats from using the loose soil around the house as a kitty litter box? Thanks.

By Sue from Sanford, FL

Answers:

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

Pet shops, and possibly hardware stores, have different kinds of repellents to keep animals away from areas of your yard. I used to sprinkle hot, peppery types of spices around, but then someone on this forum told me it could hurt the animals' noses. So I guess it's smarter just to get something made for the job. (01/08/2011)

By WildIrish

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

You can try tobacco dust. Animals don't like it.

Jenny (01/16/2011)

By jenwa17

Keeping Cats Out of My Yard

I keep them out of my flower beds by using the trimmings of my rose bushes laid on the dirt. It has worked great for that smaller area, but I can't help you with the entire yard. I know ammonia is a smell they do not like. I used to use that around the garbage cans in small containers to keep the dogs, cats, and wild animals from getting into them.
Good luck! I know it is a terrible problem. (01/27/2011)

By kerredur

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄
🍂