Keeping Cats from Peeing on Furniture

How can I get my kitten to use the litter box downstairs and not my leather furniture?

By lenabug83 from Buxton, ME

Keeping Cats from Peeing on Furniture

I will assume that your kitten is male. It is a marking instinct. So, he must be fixed as soon as possible. As for your poor leather chair. It was an animal once after all so there is the attraction. what you want to do is mix 1/2 n 1/2 water and vinegar and thoroughly soak the chair with it to get a good head start at removing his signature from it. He will want to return to his marked territory. Treat the chair every day until he gets the idea that its no longer a squat spot. It is imperative that he be fixed, otherwise it will be all for naught. (09/14/2010)

By sufigirl

Cat peeking over the arm of a purple colored couch.
Keeping Cats from Peeing on Furniture
Cat on a white bed with a window in the background
Keeping Cats from Peeing on a Bed
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film