Keeping Cats out of the Garden

I have several cats in the neighborhood that come and go in my garden. Is there a natural remedy of something I can put in my garden to keep them out. They are stepping all over my pansies and in the spring they step all over the new flowers. Someone suggested moth balls but i am not sure if that is true or not. I just want to keep them out of my garden.

Tina Butler from Mesquite, TX

Answers:
Keeping Cats out of the Garden 02/27/2006
Try lemon or orange peels. Cats dislike like citrus. However, this method may only last for a limited time as the citrus peel decomposed.
By Paul Oakenfold (Guest Post)
Keeping Cats out of the Garden 03/07/2006
Go to The Vinegar Pages at about.com to find a remedy for this and other problems.

One reader's tip, "I have poured vinegar around my children's sand box to keep cats from using it as their litter box. About every two months I reapply just to be sure. It has worked so far."

http://frugalliving.about.com/cs/tips/a/vinegar.htm

By gator10tx

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 9:17:52 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 900 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.