Keeping Craft Bows From Getting Flat

When you put the bows away for the next craft, is there a way to keep them from flattening out?

Best Answer

Stack them into the leg of a pair of nylons. You may even hang the pair in the back of a closet!

Used Ziploc bags according to the size of the bow that you want to store and place the fluffed out bows in the Ziplock bags and make sure the air is out of the ziplock bag and then use a large clip to place them on a coat hanger and hang in a closet.

Best Answer

You'd probably need to store them individually to prevent flatness. Time-consuming, but I'd attach them in rows to a short Velcro strip, maybe using a Velcro dot on the back if they don't stick well. Line them down the strip, getting as many as possible onto each strip. You might find it easier with tweezers.

For storage, wrap each strip separately and very loosely with a facial tissue, and place in a single layer in a box which gives a little headroom.

The bonus is after your hard work you have a permanent storage system and space for future bows as you use the original ones.

I would go ahead and store them flat as it saves space. To restore them when ready to use thm, Use a curling iron and apply to the ribbon as though you are curling your hair or straighten the kinks, etc.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I have used a large under the bed plastic storage container for storing all my bows and spools of ribbon. There is no need for any special way to arrange the bows. Just toss in and they remain nice and fluffy until you use them. Another plus is that it's a great space saver. I also use another one for all the gift bags and wrapping paper.

Try toilet paper tubes in loops.

As long as you don't put anything heavy on top of them, they should be good. To keep that from happening, accidentally, store them in plastic bags and attach the bags to clothes hangers.

Pack in bubble wrap or crinkled-up newspaper.

I always keep my bows in my favorite Christmas popcorn can. You know, the ones for $5! It fits a lot of bows in it and keeps them looking new, year after year.

store them in a tube.... pringels can, or similiar to avoid crushing.....

If the right size stack them individually in those plastic berry boxes that have lids.

You can clip the bows onto a length of ribbon, and hang the ribbon up. You can cover with plastic, so the bows don't get dusty.

I store mine in oatmeal cannisters