Keeping Dog's Ears Floppy

I have a four month old Chihuahua Dachshund mix. He had the traditional dachshund ears that flop over and now his ears kinda crease down the middle the long way and kinda stick out.

Is there any way to tape them down so they can be trained to be floppy again? And before you say it's cruel and to accept my dog the way he is, I love him to death, I just love the floppy ears. Also, what will his grown up weight be? He's 5 lbs now and almost 5 months old.

By MissRhonda from Palm Beach, FL

Answers:

Keeping Dog's Ears Floppy

I wouldn't worry. At 5 months old he is just a puppy. His ears my try to stand up, but I would bet that by the time he is
grown, his ears will be too long to stand and will be floppy. Just give him lots of love and he will be fine. (10/22/2009)

By sameoleme

Keeping Dog's Ears Floppy

Please leave his ears alone. Yes, I know you love him, but after all what can you expect with a mixed breed dog where one breed is born with perky pointed ears and the other floppy? He's going to be cute no matter what, because he is what he is. Just like with people, it's the heart and personality that matter and not how one looks. From the bottom of my heart I am not trying to be mean, but to make a point I have to ask, "Would your dog tape your ears if he wasn't happy about the way they look?" (10/23/2009)

By Deeli

Keeping Dog's Ears Floppy
floppy disk pen holder
Uses for Old Floppy Disks
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Cleaning Your Dog's Ears, A basset hound puppy with long brown ears.
Cleaning Your Dog's Ears
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
🎉
🎄