Keeping Flies Away

I would like to know how to get the flies to go away or at least how to control them? I feed my dogs and then what is left gets put up. There is no food out and yes flies get in the house also when the door is open. I saw something about tape, just any sticky tape? I need to make this go away. Yes it is hot so that doesn't help, but whatever you can suggest would help. Thanks.

By Lecha from Nashville, TN

Answers:

Keeping Flies Away

You can purchase what used to be called fly paper strips, when I was a kid. They come in a little cylinder shaped thing with a string loop on one end to hand it and then on the other end there is a cover that can be removed and you pull the tape out as long as you want it, leaving it in the container. My mother always hung them really close to the doors. They don't look really nice, but do a fair job. I thought maybe by now they had quit making them, but within the last couple years I did see them in a store. (06/20/2010)

By redhatterb

Keeping Flies Away

I did a "how to make a fly trap" search on bing. This site shows you how to easily make a fly trap out of a 2 liter soda bottle! Set some up around the dumpster and see if it helps?

arizona.edu By Dedeswrkshop

Keeping Flies Away

I don't know if this will help getting rid of them on the inside, but it sure does work on getting rid of them outside!
Take a Styrofoam dish with a lip, fill the dish with 1/4 - 1/2 inch of apple cider vinegar. Take lemon Joy dishwashing liquid and squirt some, more than a little, over the vinegar. Place the dish outside away from your dogs.

I did this on the outside of my house where I like to read. The next morning, big black flies, small flies, any number of unidentified gnatty things all drowned!
I was shocked.

Start with a fresh Styrofoam dish every day.

Good luck! (06/24/2010)

By metroplex

Keeping Flies Away

I just bought a bottle of Absorbine's Ultra Shield EX from a local pet and feed store. It is normally used on horses, but can also be used on dogs. I sprayed it on my dogs the night before and I have yet to see any flies on them or their living quarters. The guy at the store wasn't kidding. This stuff really works! I'm impressed. If you use this, be sure not to spray directly onto their faces. Spray it onto a rag and then wipe on their heads. Good luck! (07/16/2010)

By KttyKrvtz

Keeping Flies Away
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄