Keeping Grilled Chicken Warm After Cooking

What is the best way to cover grilled chicken to keep it warm? Whenever my husband grills chicken, once it is taken off the grill, he covers it with a aluminum foil or a lid from a pan. I notice that after a length of time, the skin on the chicken becomes soft, and loses some of its grilled flavor.

The best way is in a 200 degree F oven. The next best way is on a warm plate.

I keep it in my oven at 150F then give the skin areas a quick blast with the broiler for a minute or two to get the crisp back before serving

it should be kept under foil for nomore than 10-15 minutes. after (or better yet, before that) on the cool zone of the grill

My family gatherings have generally been large so we always had to cook/grill chicken for some time before "dinner time" and keeping it warm and crisp was always a problem. We generally had our oven set at 140-150 degrees and then used large sheet/cookie pans loaded with wire racks to hold the chicken off the pans/juices. This worked even better after we purchased an additional grill just for keeping the chicken warm. I'm not sure that it retained all of the original grilled flavor but it was not soggy and still had a grilled taste. I do not believe any warming device can keep chicken more than about 20 minutes before it dries out or goes soggy.

Some of our family members swear by the tent method and it does seem to work for small amounts of chicken. Use a sheet pan with wire racks and either single or double layer aluminum foil (tightly) into a tent effect over the chicken; place in low oven or another grill (away from cooking area).