Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees

Does anyone know how to keep squirrels from eating the fruit off the peach and plum trees?

Anonymous
Best Answer

The only solution I found this put a rubber snake in the base of the tree

Best Answer

I found a four inch four foot hot water vent pipe worked beautifully. Simply pt the pipe on the tree and snap it closed. Squirrels cannot get a grip on the smooth pipe. Fun to watch them slide down.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Just put human hair around the tree in the ground. You can get in a beuty salón, the squirrels don't like it AND stay away from the tree.

Anonymous

I tried this and it worked: mash up a couple of garlic cloves and whisk up in water. Seive and pour into a spray bottle. Spray as much of the area with buds as you can. The dear squirrels cannot stand the smell and will give the tree a wide berth. Record crops using a cheap and non poisonous method!

Will an owl statue keep squirrels off my peach tree?

No cause it won't move and they eventually get used to it so works temporarily not best idea!!!!

Anonymous

My parent has the same problem and wants to cut the trees down but try wrapping the branches with fruit in plastic wrap it'll sufficate the bugs and not the tree. The birds don't like the plastic wrap and keep away.

For my walnut trees, I wrap the tree trunk with a 5 ft, 10 in diameter round metal duct pipe from Home Depot. The duct pipe comes flat, you place it around the trunk and snap it together. I place 3 sheet metal screws along the seem to insure it stays together. You may need to join together different sized metal duct pipe to cover your diameter.

Make sure you place the pipe on the ground or even a little under ground, as the squirrels will climb up inside the pipe and the tree (my 1st year mistake). Also keep your tree branches at least 4ft from the ground to prevent the squirrels from jumping into the tree (my 2nd year mistake).

I've had 5 years of walnut trees harvest now, before I lost every walnut to the squirrels.