Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden

To keep squirrels away from or keep them from eating your garden plants, mix this:

• 1 gallon of water
  • 6 capfuls of Murphy's Oil Soap
  • 2 Tbsp. of cayenne pepper

Spray onto plants. This does not harm the plants and will keep the squirrels away.

By Kelly from Largo, FL

Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden

I was just given the suggestion of putting kids pin wheels around my garden and in my pots. Figure it is worth a try.

By Rebecca

Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden

The best way I kept squirrels from digging up my corn kernels that I planted was to spread hair clippings that I got from my barber. They smell the human scent and stay away, so far it has worked. (07/02/2008)

By Bob

Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden

I have tried everything to keep those crazy things out of my potted plants and they are still making my morning chore of cleaning up split soil and re potting my plants a nightmare. My solution, a large outdoor cat. It has worked. They mess with the cat, but from afar. Put the fear in them, HA! Good luck. (08/24/2008)

By Andrea from OK

Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden

I used coffee grounds to keep the squirrels from going after my tomatoes. I sprinkle it around weekly. (09/13/2008)

By Don

Keeping Squirrels Out of the Garden
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrels outside.
Keeping Squirrels From Chewing on a House
A squirrel rubbing its paws together.
Keeping Squirrels Out of an RV
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)