Keeping Track of Debit Purchases

I am sure a lot of people have trouble with making note of using a debit or credit card - (My husband does.) I like to put a post-it note on my card(s) and note the date and amount on the note so I can transfer it to my checkbook later. (The new super sticky ones are really good for this.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

Keeping Track of Debit Purchases 05/15/2006
A debit card is not as secure as a credit card.

If you have a choice and need two credit cards, one for charges you are going to pay off at the end of the month and those that you pay a monthly fee that is the way to go.

I realize what works for one, does not work for everyone.

By Syd (Guest Post)
What I do to keep track of debit purchases is keep all my receipts in a pencil bag with my debit card and every time I use my card. I add my receipts to the bag along with my card and at night I post all totals to my monthly spending template on the appropriate date.
By Frances (Guest Post)
Keeping Track of Debit Purchases 05/18/2006
I grew up in the age of writing checks. I rarely do anymore, so I only keep a few in my wallet, but, I still keep a check "register" in there. When I use my debit card, I just write the store, the date and the amount, like it's a check, but write debit in the check number space. That way I have a place to keep a running balance - adding deposits - deducting debits and checks. I never forget to write it down, but keep the receipts in there with the register, just in case. So, if the receipt gets lost I don't have to worry about what the amount was and I know AT ALL TIMES how much money I SHOULD have in the bank. My ex-husband used to think that if the ATM said we had money, we had money! Thank God I don't have to deal with that anymore.
By LynnT (Guest Post)

Keeping Track of Credit Card Purchases
Saving for a Large Purchase
Saving Money for Large Purchases
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Custom Debit and Credit Card
Ordering Custom Debit and Credit Cards
A stack of credit cards.
Using a Prepaid Debit or Credit Card