Keeping Track of What Is in Your Freezer

I finally got tired of opening the freezer and digging through it looking for what I have on hand. It takes just a few minutes for me to write down everything I put in the freezer and also cross off what I take out each time. I keep a steno pad in a drawer by my freezer. This is saving me time, money and energy I have been wasting while digging through the freezer, looking to see what is in there. I note the date, the item, how many if more then one and the weight and lastly the shelf I put it on.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall. TX

Answers:

Great idea! We just purchased a small chest freezer, so I'll start doing this. It would be a good idea to do it for the freezer part of my refrigerator as well! (11/10/2006)

By glowgirl

We do this with spices in our cupboard since we have a ton of them! But, great idea for the freezer! I can't see what is at the bottom, nor can I reach it! (11/10/2006)

By mobo

Sounds like a GREAT idea. Thanks! (11/16/2006)

By minymont

I am 61 years old and I bet I have lost 3 years of my life, not to mention many bucks in wasted energy and food, because I didn't know what was in the freezer. I am going to try a white board or just a good size piece of cardboard covered with plastic, to draw a diagram of the freezer. I plan to use a wipe off marker, either vis-a-vis or white board marker to just wipe it off when I take it out and write in what I replace it with. This one tip has made all those emails from ThriftyFun worth it. (08/27/2009)

By si67oux

Keeping Track of What is in Your Freezer
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
A woman signing a contract.
Keeping Track of Contract End Dates
🎉
🎄