Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

I got tired of putting my plastic trash bags on the curb on trash night and the dog across the street rummaging through everything and spreading trash all over the place. I put a stop to that by putting Tabasco sauce on the outside of the bag after setting it on the curb. Surprise! The dog now walks way around the trash bags.

By Pamm from Tulsa, OK

Answers:

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

I live out in the country, and between roaming dogs and wild critters, trash left at the road for pickup is a guaranteed mess. Nothing has touched our trash since I started, years ago, spritzing the bags with bleach. Should be cheaper than the tabasco. (03/10/2006)

By Deb

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

Ammonia works the same way and very cheap. (03/10/2006)

By Randa

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

Instead of having bags on the road, you should get a garbage can with wheels to store it in, most cities and waste pickups require that it is contained. (03/11/2006)

By camo_angels

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

I usually use ammonia. Spray that on the garbage after it is sitting at the curb. Works every time!! (03/11/2006)

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

Black pepper sprinkled around works, too. It will also work to keep dogs from using the area sprinkled, as a potty area. Makes 'em sneeze awhile. (03/14/2006)

By Brenda Chavis

Keeping the Dogs Out of the Trash

I've tried both Vinegar and Tabasco. My Dog likes them both! I had soaked a dog biscuit in Tabasco and put it in the garbage as a 'Lesson soon learned'; However, it was I that learned the lesson, not her! As well, she seems a little 'dumb' compared to other dogs and would probably eat the moth balls and lick the bleach if I tried those solutions. (12/06/2006)

Keeping Dogs Out of Garbage Cans
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 2:53:29 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 854 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.