Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Isn't Making Ice

Kenmore ice maker will not fill. Filter screen is clean, with water to solenoid valve. Solenoid is good and water line to ice maker is clear. Can not make solenoid operate to fill ice maker. Any ideas?

By rhill24 from Sumter, SC

Answers:

Take the ice cube bin drawer out and look to see of there is a build up of ice on the freezer wall that prevents it from being put securely into place. Ditto for the check on the bin. Also, look on the back and underside of the bin. Then carefully put the bin back on its tracks and shove it really hard back in place in the freezer. Don't just wiggle it into place because this won't work. I discovered that our bin would scoot away from it's moorings by a fraction of an inch occasionally. Although our fridge is a different brand, this info might help you. (07/02/2009)

By cookwie

Does your fridge have a filter for the water? We had to replace it, then it worked fine. Instead of going local, try eBay if you need to buy one. I got it cheaper from the local dealer on eBay with free shipping, than I would have from going in and buying it. (07/02/2009)

By boomeyers

This is one of the best self-help appliance sites on the web. http://applianceguru.com/ If you can't find the answer in the FAQs, go to the Forum and post your problem as "New Topic".

Couchgrouch (07/03/2009)

By Couchgrouch

What I've done and others I've recommended this to is to turn the refrigerator off after emptying everything out. Leave door open and allow everything to come to room temperature. Then turn back on. In our case, it took care of it and it started working. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but I know several people that this worked wonderfully on theirs. It's cheaper than calling a repairman and a simple thing to try. It worked for my refrigerator. (07/04/2009)

By angel3210

Ice Maker Manual
Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄