Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice

This is a guide about ice maker won't stop making ice. An ice maker that won't stop making ice can make a real mess in your freezer and lead to other problems.

August 7, 2016 Flag

What is the worst case scenario if the ice maker keeps on making ice and does not shut off and I am away on vacation for four days?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 7, 2010 Flag

I have a Kenmore side-by-side that keeps making ice. We have to dump it a couple of times a day. The control arm is in the off position and it still makes ice. This is a through the door ice and water dispenser type unit.

Thanks for any help.

By Bob R. from Coloma, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It sounds like you will need a repairman. There is probably a part in the arm that is broken like a small spring or piece of metal. If you don't want it to make any more ice you can shut off the water. The thin copper pipe that supplies water to the fridge has a cut-off switch, usually near where it starts, mine is under the kitchen sink.

Try resetting: lift arm all the way up wait a few seconds then put it back down. This trick has worked for me and family. It cost nothing to do, try it. Good luck.

January 8, 2011 Flag

My Kenmore side by side refrigerator's ice maker, style 2, won't shut off. I turned the switch off, cleaned the sensor lights, even taped paper over the sensor, but it keeps making ice. Help!

By Tom from Richmond, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd call Sears and ask them what might be wrong, that sounds like something out of an "I Love Lucy" episode. :(

November 24, 2012 Flag

My icemaker in my Kenmore refrigerator does not stop making ice cubes. Even if I turn off the icemaker control, it keeps on working.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

By seger

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJanuary 13, 2016
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 9:17:14 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 912 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.