Keurig Brewing System Reviews

Category Coffee Makers
Keurig machine
Before investing in a single serving coffee system like the Keurig, it is a good idea to do a bit of research. This is a guide about Keurig brewing system reviews.

I bought the Keurig Elite B-40 coffee maker and having entirely too much fun with it (am drinking coffee again, after 28 years, due to the twin school pressures of staying awake and focused). I bought it at Kohl's on sale and used one of those discount coupons they send in the mail. I find that the brew comes out too strong for my taste, and dilute it with more hot water by running additional water out of the machine with the coffee K cup removed, and it sure tastes better than anything I've ever brewed.

I checked both of the Keurig models that are less and more expensive, and found the lesser ones have a tiny opening in which to pour the water, but according to someone that may have been a discontinued item. The more expensive models are very spiffy, with a greater choice of different cup sizes and other bells and whistles. I just know I am happy with this model.

One drawback is that the coffee is more expensive (Bed Bath and Beyond has a nice varied selection), but ebay sells gizmos that you can fill and insert into the machine, thereby brewing at a reasonable price per cup. There is also an insert by Keurig that you can fill with your own coffee.

I bought a coffee assortment from ebay and am keeping a notebook with "Yes," and "No," information.

The morning blends are usually milder (and better) in my opinion and the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice is yummy (as are other flavors).

By cookwie from Dallas, TX

You can buy K-cups much less expensively at greenmountaincoffee.com or at coffeewiz.com. If you buy 4 boxes of 24 at a time from Green Mountain you get $2 off the box and there is no shipping. And after four or five orders you get an additional discount. Coffeewiz was slightly less expensive by two or three pennies a cup.

I have used Keurig super deluxe and a drip glass coffeemaker. I drink mega cups of coffee a day, both regular and decaffeinated. Yet, I never felt the taste of a full brew of coffee with either of these type of coffee makers. I remembered how good the coffee used to taste 20 years ago when it was brewed in an uncomplicated percolator. So, I ordered one listed in Amazon, called Presto and now, ah, I am enjoying my cup of coffee again.