Key West, Florida Frugal Travel Guide

Category Florida
Key West, Florida
The most southern city in the continental United States is a popular vacation destination. This page contains Key West, Florida frugal travel guide.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Key West, FL is not only known for Duval Street merriment and its artsy, laid-back atmosphere, but also for its resident six-toed cats at the Hemingway House and roaming poultry!

Chickens and roosters wander the Old Town streets everywhere, mingling with traffic and tourists. Every day at Mallory Square, Key West puts on a sunset celebration, where visitors and locals all head down to the water for some twilight fun before the nightlife begins.

On one of our many trips there, I noticed this fella perched behind us near the dock. Guess he wanted to have a good time, too!

By Candy

Key West Rooster (FL)

Comment Like this photo? 10

Every time we visit the Florida Keys we have to go to Key West at the pier for the beautiful sunsets! There is nothing like it anywhere else so breathtaking and peaceful, and a different show every evening!

By Cindy

Sunset (Key West, FL)

Comment Like this photo? 9

Last fall my son and the family took a trip to Key West Florida. He just loved the beautiful sunset, but had to fight the crowd to get the picture! It was amazing how many people wanted a picture of that sunset which only lasts a few minutes before it sets.

By Lesley O.

Photo of a Sunset in Key West, FL

Comment Like this photo? 7

I call this "Key West Canopies" since it was taken in July on a cruise to Key West and Cozumel. With all of the snow and cold weather we've been having, it makes me yearn for spring and summer!

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Scenery: Key West

Comment Like this photo? 4

I took this one in Key West! I was walking around site seeing as I stumbled across these two white birds. They were resting by a pond behind our resort. I had to creep down on the grass and keep quiet. But I think it turned out really nice. :)

By Shannon from Melbourne, FL

Little Egrets(?) at Key West

Comment Like this photo? Yes