Killing Spiders With Hairspray

Category Insects
A bottle of hairspray with a fine stream coming out of the nozzle.
This is a guide about killing spiders with hairspray. Any kind of this common household beauty product is toxic to spiders.

Kill spiders by spraying hair spray on them. Any kind will do; aerosol or the pump spray kind. We have all kinds of weird bugs in Houston, Texas, USA and including spiders we know as "jumping spiders" because they really do jump. They're small and spotted black and white.

Hair spray will kill any spider. An exterminator told me it kills them by smothering them. Also, rubbing alcohol will kill them too - I read that on this site. Works like a charm. Hope this works for you!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

This works with bees and wasps, too. I'm allergic to those little suckers and keep a purse-sized hairspray with me as part of my "battle kit", LOL!

I am not in favor of killing anything, except spiders. If you want to buy a hair spray that really works fast, buy a can of Vavoom at the beauty shop. It will make your hair stand straight up so you know it will freeze a spider. I have used it for that purpose for years. Non toxic too.