King Size Bed Ruffles

How would one go about making a bed ruffle for a king sized bed? I know to make a king size duvet, you would use 2 king sized sheets. What exactly are the measurements for a bed ruffle and duvet?

Marine WM from NY

Answers:

King Size Bed Ruffles

I've never made one, although I need to, but I know that for curtains it's twice the length to get the ruffles. So I presume it would be (length around bed x2 plus 1 inch for seam allowance) by (height of boxspring to floor plus 1 inch for seam allowance). I'm not sure how you would attach it, but I was planning on attaching a piece of flat fabric that I was going to tuck under the mattress. I suppose you could use elastic, but somehow that seems like too much work for me. (02/10/2005)

By Kathy K.

King Size Bed Ruffles

Twice the length makes rather "flat" ruffles. For a really full look, you need at least 2.5 or 3 times the length.

I agree about the flat fabric, like a drapery liner. (05/25/2005)

By Laura M

King Size Bed Ruffles

I actually made a bed ruffle for my queen bed, and except for the bulky size of a king and trying to get the mattress off to fit everything, it would work the same way. I first took the top queen mattress off my box spring, then I took a queen fitted sheet, put that on the box spring, marked with a marker where I wanted the top of my ruffle to go (as well as measured how long I wanted the ruffle to be).

Then I measured how long (x 2) and how wide the bed was. I multiplied that number by 3, since I wanted my ruffle to be "ruffly".

After sewing the ruffle, I knew where to sew it on the fitted sheet because I marked it. I then proceeded to sew it on the fitted sheet. I had my bed ruffle, with the fabric and design I chose. It was a little bit of work, and it may not have been that much cheaper than purchasing one, but I got to match it up to my curtains and quilt. (04/26/2007)

By Sandra

King Size Bed with Dust Ruffle
Making a Bed Skirt for a King Sized Bed
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Man in Yellow King Costume
Making a King Costume
🎉
🎄