Kitchen Backsplash Ideas

I have a small galley type kitchen. I am painting my cabinets light gray, the trim white, and walls sunny yellow. The cabinet hardware is flat black and the countertops are black. I have one stretch of cabinets 11' long and the other, between stove and fridge, is approximately 5' long.

What should I do with the backsplash? I am trying to figure out what color as well as what material to use, but I am leaning toward some type of tile.

I used white subway tiles. Although my colors are totally different from yours, this might work for you, too.

I figured that if I ever decided to change the colors of the walls, cabinets, countertops, etc., the white tiles would still work.

I bought the tiles at Lowe's. They were very inexpensive - 22 cents each.

If you already have a back splash, RustOleum sells a product called rustoleum transformations. It is a great product and a lot less expensive than replacing an existing backsplace. The website to view to details is I think this would be a great idea for you.

Hope this helps.

What is your favorite color? What can you live with? Are you afraid of Bright colors or dislike certain colors? Grey sounds Drab to me. But I also haven't seen your place either. Red or Orange or Teal blue or Spring Green or another color may Brighten it up.Look at magazines online to give yourself some insight as to what you like & are drawn to.You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can do with your kitchen & consider what else is in there &/or what you would like to see in there when browsing the decorative rooms on these sites. BetterHomes & Gardens, Country Home & Traditional Home has great pictures! Just keep an Open Mind & Don't Forget To Have A Good Time! Get Your Favorite Drink & Take Your Time. You may use a few tiles & paint a nice color, or change plans entirely.Whatever you decide. I'm sure you'll love it. Good Luck. : )

Your kitchen sounds bright and sunny with the yellow walls. White subway tile gives a very clean appearance. It is glazed with thin grout lines and would be easy to keep clean. I have no idea of the cost. If you are cost conscious, you may find a laminate, like Formica or Wilsonart, in a color you would like. They have lots of color choices. The laminates got good reviews in the latest Consumer Reports magazine. You could check your local library for a copy. Good luck on your project.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenJune 9, 2011
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash