Kitchen Flooring Advice

My kitchen floor desperately needs to be replaced! So what should I use? Ceramic tile? Linoleum? Laminate? I have hardwood floors throughout the rest of my house (built in 1941) and I have two children and a dog running all over the place. What would be my best choice?

By Kristen

My personal choice is sheet vinyl. That's what I have now. It's very easy to clean, soft on the feet, and it comes in many colors and patterns. The one I have looks like ceramic tile. I had ceramic tile in another house. It was cold and while the tile itself was easy to clean, the grout was not. Even with dark grout that's been sealed, the dirt might not show, but it's there. I wouldn't want hardwood in the kitchen. I would be afraid of a leaky dishwasher or refrigerator ruining the wood.

I agree about sheet vinyl, it takes a lot less work to keep up. The grout that tile requires is just plain nasty to keep looking decent.

I always liked marmoleum, they have a click product that is easy to install, and it is almost indestructible. http://www.forbo-flooring.us/Residential-Flooring/

They make a floating sheet vinyl now that is very easy to install and very soft to the feet.

I had bamboo flooring put in my kitchen and I love it.

My kitchen is tiny, but we have laminate from Home depot a few years ago. It is a dream to clean with a spray of Windex and a dry mop Or just a terry towel.I sometimes just spray the Windex and throw a couple of paper towels on it and drag my foot across it to pick up any spills. It dries in seconds and shines up fast. It is hard to pick up water off it though. But just a fast Windex spray and it is gone. The Windex is what the mfg. said to use on it.I love it. GG Vi

Vinyl. You can get just about any pattern/color you can imagine. Get a good quality and it will last. I have 4 cats and a dog. My floor is now ten years old and looks brand new. I keep it vacuumed so that dirt doesn't ruin the finish and washed every one to two weeks. I don't like ceramic. It's cold, the grout it always nasty, and everything you drop is certain to be broken!

We have wood laminate and love it!

Choosing Best Flooring for a Kitchen
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJune 23, 2011
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
🎉
🎄