Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I need some help deciding what colors to paint the kitchen and dining room. Adjacent rooms are Sherwin Williams Flower Pot (a terra cotta red) and another room is in Windsor Greige (a light tan). My house has butterscotch oak floors throughout all of the rooms. Our house is an old farmhouse, so the woodwork is the wide oak trim.

The kitchen has honey pecan cabinets and granite countertops and the color is called Morocco, lots of browns and specks of black. The back splash is white with brown squares. In the kitchen I was leaning toward a copper color, but don't know if I should have the same in the dining room. The two rooms are open to each other with a huge arch separating the two rooms. Any help would be appreciated.

By Anne from KS

Answers:

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

The Sherwin Williams website has a color visualizer you can use to see what might work for you. If you go there, you can actually upload a photo of your very own kitchen and then can "paint" to see what it would look like. How cool is that? If you don't have a digital camera then you can just use one of their photos of various kitchens. It would give you some idea before you go to the effort/expense of painting. (12/30/2009)

By kjablue

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Sounds like you have a lot of warm tones in your home already with all that oak. I think a cooler tone in paint would be a nice contrast. A soft pale blue would be great. It would go with all your other existing colors and be a break from all that earthy, warm color. I like the idea of going to Sherwin Williams too. That would be fun and helpful. Good luck! (01/01/2010)

By PainterLee

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

What about a sage green? I think I would do both rooms the same color to make the area look larger and flow together more easily. You could paint one wall (or the upper or lower sections of the walls separated by a chair rail) in the dining room a deep shade of the sage green color. I've always heard that you should carry a little of one color in one room into the next room. This could be done with accent pieces. I think the copper you like would be great for some accent pieces throughout the four rooms. (01/13/2010)

By PDG

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Tan, tan, tan! (01/13/2010)

By cj06

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
White kitchen with right green painted backsplash
Adding Color to My Kitchen Walls
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄