Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I would like to remodel my kitchen. The walls are red, the countertop is a light brown, and the cabinets are a darker brown. The floors are an off white and the appliances are black. The only thing about my kitchen I am interested in keeping are the appliances.

My kitchen is open to the living room which is a light brown. I would like to know what colors I should choose for my walls, countertop, cabinets, and flooring to match my black appliances and not look hideous with my living area?

By Heather from Armold, MO

Answers:

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Don't worry about "matching" your appliances. Everything goes with black. And, everything goes with off white from your floors. Just pick colors and wood you like and have fun. I always recommend looking at catalogs or websites for ideas, like Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. You can get tons of ideas from their photos. Use this as a chance to express yourself. Take your time. Get books from the library. Look online at interior designer websites. Figure out what you like and then try to make it work in your kitchen. Have fun. (03/24/2010)

By PainterLee

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
White kitchen with right green painted backsplash
Adding Color to My Kitchen Walls
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄