Kitchen Paint Color Advice

My home is all primitive country look. All the walls are off white. In my kitchen I have a lot of barn red color and black browns. My refrigerator is almond, my microwave is black, the coffee pot is black, the stove is almond and has black oven door. My cabinets are a light oak color.

I'm having a hard time choosing the right color. Can you help me choose a color that will look awesome with my primitive look? Stars, play a big role, too. Please help.

By Hector from Manchester, KY

Answers:

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I would try a sage green. This color goes very well with barn red. (05/11/2010)

By Patty Lynn

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

If the kitchen walls are off white in good condition, what about lightly sponge painting the barn red and perhaps a small amount of black over it? My kitchen is tomato red sponge painted over white to match a tile backsplash, and looks very bright and cheery. Stenciling stars in red and black in a random pattern or as a border or at chair rail height could also work. (05/12/2010)

By Omanana

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Your kitchen sounds great.

There is a country blue paint that looks so good with the barn red paint.
Check the paint suggestions where you purchase paint to get the correct blue. Purchase one of those small containers of paint that are sold for under $5.00 and go wild with it!

Your kitchen will not look like the 4th of July with the reds and blues.

Then use the country blue color for an accent color. Paint the wood frame around your windows. Sew easy cafe curtains with country blue print fabric. (Maybe even one will have stars or reds in it?) Or sew just a valance for the window.

Use country blue hand towels, pot holders, and maybe even a small throw rug by the sink. Buy country blue mugs to sit next to the coffee maker. Recover your chair seats with this accent color. Or buy new cushions for the chair seats. Just an accent color will spark the kitchen.

Have fun. (05/13/2010)

By Barb in TN

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
🎉
🎄