Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I am having a terrible time figuring out what color to paint our kitchen. It is a 100% remodel for us. I had thought I wanted to use yellow, but can't find one that works and at this point don't even know if that is the right choice to begin with.

Cabinets: maple stained chestnut
Floor: DuPont Real Touch Tuscan Sand laminate tile flooring
Appliances: stainless
Counters: Will be Formica-like probably on the light side with tan/beige coloring.

We are planning to paint the adjoining room "toasted coconut" by Glidden. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By BD323

An off white (ivory) would go well or one with a tint of yellow in it. Peach would look good too.

These are all neutral colors so any color you like will work. Try to find a color wheel and work with different selections and see what works for you.

I'd stay in the sand tones. Grab a handful of a few shades of paint chips and place them in groups of 4's on the floor, one shade at a time. This gives you a chance to see how well or badly a shade goes with the floor. What we think looks fine in the store is often quite a different matter once you get the chips home. Be sure to look at it from different angles and in different light.

I think a warm golden color (an Italian/Mediterranean shade) would look nice. I would go for either a golden yellow or a brick red or avocado green or soft orange.