Browsing: Kitchen With White Tile

Kitchen With White Tile

I recently purchased a house, and want to change the color of the kitchen cabinets. What color cabinets would look best with white tile? I am attaching a picture.

Hetal G. from Sacramento, CA

Kitchen With White Tile

I think your cabinets look nice. I would paint the walls something other than white and it will change the entire look of your kitchen. (03/11/2008)

Kitchen With White Tile

I agree, I think your cabinets look nice too. Change the color of your kitchen instead of painting your cabinets. How about that nice blue I see in the background?

But if we're wrong and up close your cabinets don't look so great, then since you have "inset" type cabinets, think of putting a woven type of reed, bamboo, or lattice inside the insets then finish the sides off with a bit of molding. Or instead, frame old botanical prints and mount these inside the "frames". You can even punch copper or tin and mount that.

I had the exact same cabinets you have, (they were shot) and we had them painted white. Because the pros did it, they sprayed on an oil base paint outside in the back yard. Because they were "sprayed", there were no brush marks. You'll need to remove the hinges for a quality look.

But believe me, you can do a lot of nice things without painting them. Like using woven mats, cut to fit and mounted with molding around the sides. I saw this done on "I did it!" (a TV show) and they were really nice.

Be happy. At least you don't have what I had when I moved in to my place: Bright pink cabinets. I have no idea what that gal that lived here must have been thinking when she painted them bright pink. (03/11/2008)

By Cyinda

Kitchen With White Tile

Why don't you check into changing your counter tops (I love my black speckled granite laminate). I have pickled oak cabinets. The contract is really beautiful (I have brownish floor tile). It may also be less expensive to change counter tops than cabinets. (03/12/2008)

By Diana

Kitchen With White Tile
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Tiled Kitchen Wall
Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes