Kittens With Fleas

Kittens With Fleas

I have one week old kittens, 2 dogs, and 2 adult cats. I know how to get rid of the fleas that the older animals have, but the poor kittens are covered in fleas. I live in a duplex and my neighbor keeps bringing in strays with fleas, and the fleas are spreading to my house. I need to get rid of the fleas on the kittens fast, they are so miserable. They haven't even opened there eyes yet. Please help.

By uhg! from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Kittens With Fleas

Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I'm serious, it will smother the life out of the fleas and is gentle for the kittens, that's what I bathe my Boston Terriers in. It won't keep the fleas off, but it sure works wonderfully in a pinch. I just lather them up, and rub and scratch, rub and scratch, massage. If you do this, they're more likely to tolerate being wet. (06/09/2009)

By SusanLee

Kittens With Fleas

If I had a kitten that young, I would mix a handful of Johnson's Baby Shampoo or some other no tear formula with about half a handful of peroxide. Do not get this into the eyes. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Get their ears and face also. The fleas will come up there. Make sure you are lovingly talking to them since bathing is so scary. Hold them under water, but not their head, of course. It will drown the fleas. I have had this problem before. At six weeks, get some Frontline spray through the mail, notice I said spray, and put it on with a cotton ball, so as not to make the kitten cold, once a month. Also, baby powder makes them appear on the surface of the kitten where you can pick them off and put them in a dish of water and rubbing alcohol.

Good luck.

Robyn (06/10/2009)

By Robyn Fed

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄