Kittens With Fleas

We have 3 adorable 4 month old kittens that we have raised since birth, I have been finding a lot of fleas on them. Does anyone have a cheap and working remedy? Thank you.

By lisa45764 from Nelsonville, OH

Answers:

Kittens With Fleas

Get a flea comb. There is only a little space between the teeth, so you can comb the fleas out. Put a bowl of hot water with a couple drops of detergent in it right by your hand. Comb the kitten and dip the comb in the water to wash off the fleas. You have to keep on doing it every day until you've killed all the fleas. Wash any bedding.

I have only done it with one kitten at a time, so I don't know. The easiest way would be to separate them and isolate the flea bearing one(s) until all the fleas are gone. This is time intensive, but you can listen to the radio or other audio while you're doing it. It may take a week, but you won't be poisoning the kittens before their systems can handle the flea poison in sprays or powders. Good luck (and when I did it, I only had to do it once when I combed them every couple of weeks [indoor cat]). (09/05/2009)

By tennesue

Kittens With Fleas

Get some Skin So Soft from Avon and mix with water. You can bath them daily. The oil in the Skin So Soft will kill the flea, but it won't hurt the kittens' tender skin. I've had to use it many a time on kittens and puppies and it works. (09/07/2009)

By Debbyann

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄