Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

Anybody know what will get out red kool-aid from kids bedroom carpet?

Wine Out

Go to a liquor store and buy WINE-OUT. This removes anything RED.

By Leeanne

Dye Out

If you have set in koolaid or dye in your rugs or clothes, there is a product by your cleaning supplies in your market called Dye Out. It comes in a small 3 x 3 package and it really is a gem. I love it.

By Cheri

Steam It Out

Wet a towel and put on the stain, then take out your steam iron and steam it out! It has worked on kool aid stains from 2 years ago.

By Liz

Take a bowl of water and pour a very little ammonia in the bowl and then take a brush ( srcubbing brush with a handle ) dip in the mixture and then scrub carpet really good. Then get a white towel and you will see the dirt form the carpet.

By jwired48

Steam Iron Worked

We just moved in to a new home and I recently spilled red kool-aid on my light colored carpet. I immediately got online and did a search. I found this website with the steam ironing trick! It really works!

By Holly

The Iron Trick Works

The iron trick really works. My daughter spilled her fruit punch all over the floor and I tried everything to get it up right away and nothing worked. We have an apartment so I had to get the stain out because I didn't want to pay for a new carpet. The steam trick really works but it does take a while to do it. Just get a wet towel and put the iron on top and go back and forth until the stain is gone. Good luck! (06/09/2006)

By Jennifer

Iron Tips

I found the wetting the carpet and using a towel and hot iron works well. Some tips on this - one, it seems to work the Best when its the less traveled over carpet (like on the edges of the room etc) - it picks it Right up then. Really traveled sections it Almost took all the red out - but it was a definite improvement. Also - be sure to Wet the carpet down pretty well - and i dont think you need to wet the towel, as it will pickup the steam very quickly. At first i just wet the towel, but that didnt work well. Also - i havent tried doing a combo of hydrogen peroxide mixed in the water, and the iron/towel trick - that might be better.

By Mike

Be Careful

Be careful i tried this - it worked on the stain but it also took out the color of my carpet - now i have a white/yellow spot on my beige carpet!

By Jen

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet