Kuchen Recipes

Category Coffee
Apple Kuchen
Kuchen is a German fruit or cheese filled cake, similar to a coffee cake, typically served for breakfast. This page contains peach kuchen recipes.

It's easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. Inexpensive and tastes like a lot of effort went into it.

Crust: Filling:

Directions:

Cut butter into dry ingredients. Pat lightly into ungreased 11x7 inch pan.

Arrange drained peaches over crust. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over peaches. Bake 425 degrees F for 10 minutes, then 325 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until set.

Servings: 8
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
45 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: a friend

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

• 1 pkg. white cake mix
  • 1/2 cup flaked, toasted coconut
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 (29 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained
Topping:
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 3 drops vanilla

Directions:

Combine cake mix and coconut. Cut in margarine like coarse crumbs. Lightly press on bottom and half an inch up the sides of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 300 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes. Arrange sliced peaches over crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches. Blend sour cream, slightly beaten egg, and vanilla and pour over all. Bake until cream is set, about 10 minutes. Makes 10-12 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Does anyone have a recipe for a kuchen made with concord grapes with their seeds? My German grandmother used to make one and she did not seed them. I also think she left their skins on. Thanks.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Dear Maryeileen,

I wish I had this receipe for you. I too remember my German grandmother making these cakes with grapes. Also with peaches or cottage cheese. You really brought back memories for me.

Bonnie

There was a concord grape kuchen recipe in the Plain Dealer the other week- maybe last Wednesday or the Wednesday before. Go on their website and see if you can retrieve it. My Grandma in Maple Heights also made this kuchen- she made it look so easy!

Susanna, The reader who submitted the question to The Plain Dealer is my Dad! (The recipe that Bev printed in her column is not the one we're looking for.)

My Dutch grandmother made grape Kuchen (skins and seeds) and I am looking for recipe also. I remember whole grapes in the kuchen and also on top with lots of sugar?

Did you ever get the recipe? I would love to have it. My mother made this every fall (along with peach, apple and cheese kuchens) The aroma was intoxicating. Skins and seeds never bothered us!

Grape Kuchen

2 cups sifted flour

3 teas. baking powder

1/2 teas. salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup shortening ( I use unsalted butter)

1 beaten egg

1 cup milk

4 cups of Concord grapes (approx.)

Leave the grapes on the stems, and rinse in a colander, and let sit and drain while you mix the dough. Don't take them off the stems to rinse, because they absorb too much water.

Sift the dry ingredients together. Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until dry and crumbly. Beat the egg with the milk, and add to the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended.

Spread batter into a 9 x 13" pan, that has been greased and floured.

Starting at one corner of your pan, remove the grapes from the stems, and place them side by side, as close together as you can, making rows across the pan. Push them slightly into the dough, just a little. Cover the entire top of the dough with grapes.

Topping

Mix together to make a crumb topping:

1/2 cup sifted flour

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 teas. cinnamon

1/4 cup melted butter

Crumble this mixture over the top of your grapes in the pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

mjk4: I used your recipe and everyone in my family says it's the closest to Grandma's that they've had. Thanks!

I am looking for a recipe for Blackberry or Blueberry Kuchen. Its a German pastry my grandma always made and haven't been able to find one that is just like hers.

Thanks,
Vicki from Marshall Minnesota

Hello my husband is from Germany if u cant find it. Just email me and i can get him to get the reciepe for u !!

Just let me know

mistibreuer AT solidrockfaith.com

thanks

Misti Breuer

just go to allrecipes. com. i have never made a kuchen always wanted to but never have.