Lighting and ElectricHome Improvement

Lamp Wattage Limits for Different Type Bulbs

I bought a lamp under the impession that it's maximum wattage was 25W. Now it's arrived and it has different limits for different types of bulbs: 25W for regular, 9W for LED, and 18W for halogen. I never knew that was possible. Actual wattage is actually wattage. So I have also ordered a 11W LED bulb (equiv. of 55W), but I wonder whether I can use it. I certainly cannot live with what you can get from 9W.

Any ideas, if someone is so kind as to give some advice? Will I get away using the 11W?

Anonymous

Different light bulls have different wattages...The package will usually tell you, the equivalent of a "regular" incandescent light bulb...So, I am assuming the equivalent of a 9W LED light bulb, for a 25watt bulb is 9W and the same with a 18W halogen bulb...it is the equivalent of a 25 W incandescent bulb...

Thank you, but the problem remains. The lamp itself informs me that its maximum wattage is either 25W for an incandescent bulb or 9W for a led one. The truth is that with a 9W bulb you can easily get let's say the equivalent of 40W - but this is besides the point. The question is: if the lamp has a max of 25W, why shouldn't one choose 25W of any type of bulb? After all, 25W of led should produce less heat than of 25W of an incandescent lamp.