Laptop for College Student

I need a laptop for college so I can carry it with me. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could find an affordable laptop? I can't afford a new one.
- Emily

Answers:

Laptop for College Student

To locate an inexpensive laptop for college, check the yellow pages of the phone directory for computer stores. Often the smaller stores will sell used computers. Our town has a store that only sells used ones. The company's main business is servicing large corporations and sells the left overs after the corporations upgrade computers. (05/23/2002)

By admin

Laptop for College Student

I have two suggestions for you. First, my husband works for a corporation that likes to keep current on the latest technology. When they upgrade computers or PDAs, they often will sell the older equipment to employees at a reduced rate. The equipment is still good, just maybe not the "latest and greatest". Talk to people you know who might be able to take advantage of a similar opportunity. Second, check out eBay for some great deals on computers and equipment. Just be sure to check the feedback of the seller to make sure you are buying from a reputable source. Good luck! (05/24/2002)

By nicoleellison

Laptop for College Student

Emily, get a copy of Computer Shopper Magazine and look up the True Data Products ad. Maybe they are on the web, I don't know. My brother got one from eBay. Also check Computer Surplus Outlet, they are online. Check Half.com & Overstock.com too. I got my refurbished desktop at PCMall.com. - (05/30/2002)

By admin

Laptop for College Student

Also, a pawn shop is a good place to look. Never know what you might find there. (05/30/2002)

By rachelglogan

Laptop for College Student

Fair warning, watch what you are doing on ebay. Not the site itself but what you are buying. My friend ordered a computer from a place called Bare Bones and that's exactly what it was. She spent more money trying to actually have a working computer. Finally gave up and bought one in our local area. (05/30/2002)

By AZLEADFOOT2

Laptop for College Student

Try ecampus.com. The graphic says they start at $499, but I've seen a few even cheaper than that. If they don't have what you are looking for check back, often they get new stuff in. (06/07/2002)

By admin

Laptop for College Student

Try to look for a Compaq Presario notebook. Those are generally inexpensive. The one I noticed online was about 450 dollars. Not too expensive, compared to the general laptops commonly sold. Hopefully, that helps. (07/28/2007)

By Ryan

Young woman at a dorm room desk using a laptop
Buying a Laptop for a College Student
College Student
Gift Ideas for a College Student
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
Black laptop on a white background.
Buying a Laptop
🎉
🎄