Large Area Weed Killer

I have a small back yard, and all you see is weeds. I want to kill the weeds, turn the yard, and then plant new grass seed. What kind of homemade weed killer should I use to kill the weeds before growing new grass?

By Wting from IL

Large Area Weed Killer

You should probably use a barrier method because any chemical will probably affect the new grass seed. Use black plastic to cover the weeds so they don't get light. I've also heard of using clear plastic, which "cooks" the weeds. There is more info if you google the topic online. (08/31/2009)

By merlene

Large Area Weed Killer

Thank you, Merlene, for your answer. I'm going to do just that. What a great idea. (09/02/2009)

By Wting

Large Area Weed Killer
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs