Laundry Product Reviews

Category Laundry
Laundry Detergent
There are so many laundry products to choose from it can be very confusing. This is a guide about laundry product reviews.

Product: Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets

Model: Starter Pack

Manufacturer: Purex

Cost: $9.99

This product combines laundry detergent, fabric softener, and a dryer sheet into a single sheet which you place into the washer with your clothes and then transfer to the dryer. The sheet starts out stiff with detergent which washes out in the washer and then feels like a normal dryer sheet when it comes out of the dryer.

I've been using these for a couple weeks and have been generally happy. They are a lot less messy than liquid detergent which I always seem to manage to spill. They seem to dissolve as well or better than powder detergent. There is nothing to measure so I only have to decide if the load is big enough to warrant two sheets. The starter pack comes with a plastic dispenser which is really not essential. You get more sheets for the same price if you simply buy the refills. Comes in three scents: Pure and Clean, Spring Oasis, and Tropical Escape.

I think this product would be good for college students since it is so easy to use. it would be easier to throw a sheet or two right in the hamper before going down to the laundry room rather than carrying entire bottles or buying single use detergents.

Pros: Nothing to measure. Ensures each load has detergent, fabric softener, and a dryer sheet.

Cons: More expensive than buying individual products.

Cost: $9.99 for a starter pack with 20 loads. Refills are $9.99 for 24 loads. Larger loads require two sheets.

http://www.purex.com/purex-3-in-1/

Free Sample: http://www.trypurex.com/Purex_3-in-1_Free_Sample/

By fletc3her from Seattle, WA

I found one of the best cleaning and laundry products I've seen in a long time. I used to clean homes and resort rentals in Florida. Try the Legacy of Clean by Amway. The shower cleaner and the laundry soap are awesome. The bathroom/shower cleaner sprayed on and wiped right off. No scrubbing necessary. Wow. The laundry soap took out stains I thought would never come out. Very Impressive.

Who knew I could get so excited about cleaning products. Anything that makes life easier is a big plus for me. Try them and see.

Bonus: These are "green" products and the bottles are recyclable.

By Deniloy from Melbourne, FL

I have found an excellent biodegradable laundry product that is non allergenic and inexpensive. It is called Orvus. It comes in paste form and you only need a tablespoon per wash load.

It can be found in your local feed store for about $27 for 120 OZ ( 7.5 lb).

Charlene from Port Orchard, WA

This is a guide about reviews of Wind Fresh laundry detergent. Before using a product you are unfamiliar with, it can help to review other people's opinions.

Laundry Drying Outside

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the new Tide Cold Water detergent. Does it really clean the clothes as well (especially whites) by using only cold water? Or is it just a marketing ploy?

Teddygirl from WV

I don't know about Tide but I have used bargin brands of detergent and ONLY cold water for years and I have raised 4 boys---My clothes are always clean. I do put a little liquid bleach in with the white clothes.

I've used it and it seems to work. I always add just a little dawn dish detergent anyway, because that helps get out greasy stains. I've gone through one large container and just bought another one. Give it a try.

I use the Tide ColdWater all the time and my whites are white and the colors are bright, am very happy with it.

I have used the regular Tide with cold water for years and the clothes come out clean. The only thing I do is put the Tide in, let the water fill up alitte in the tub to be sure the Tide has disolved and then add the clothes. The only time I use hot water is with whites. So, I'm sure the new Tide will be just as good.

RoseMary

I have used Tide ColdWater for about a year or more and wouldn't go back to regular Tide. I find it cleans as well if not better than the original plus saves on energy. I do add a scoop of Oxiclean to each load because we have very hard water here and I've been using it for years but the ColdWater works just as well even when I've forgotten to add the booster.

I think it's probably a marketing ploy. I have used Tide for years and ONLY use cold water. With 4 kids I do alot of laundry and my clothes are clean. I always put a scoop of baking soda in the start of the wash - you can get large bags at Costco. It's suppose to help with cleaning and with deodorizing. I use oxyclean in an overnight soak for whites and they come out really white without the damage from bleach.

I use any liquid detergent with cold water and NEVER have a problem - I've been doing this for about 20 years! Saves on electric too.

Whether I use Tide or not, I always soak my whites for at least 30 minutes after a few minutes of agitation. Your clothes comes out sparkling white without using chlorine bleach. My son's white t-shirts look brand-new. And I always use cold water.

I work in a grocery store and it only sells when we have it on sale. Not a good thing, we usually discontinue that item. Sorry to be the blunt of bad news

I have always used cold water in my washer, it was a tip from my mother long time ago! I find the regular Tide does just as well as the "Coldwater" Tide and in fact, I like it better

i use it all the time Tide Cold water detergent is by far the best i have used. actually any tide detergent is great but i find cold water great because it cleans my clothes whites and all .. I have a messy 10 yr old who spills anything and everything on her clothes and they always come out clean and bright

I have a science project to do for school and I was wondering what statment is true,"does dish detergent clean clothes better than wash detergent or clockwise. Or does wash detergent clean dishes better than dish detergent. Thank you

maxmarytony AT yahoo.com

I just bought Tide Coldwater for the first time last week (because it was on sale). I do not have sensitive skin by any means and broke out in hives. So if you have sensitive skin I would recomend not using, if not (like me) just be cautious. It seems like a great product and wished it worked for me. I will continue to always wash in cold but will go back to my Gain detergent.

By the way, has anyone heard of a possible new ingrediant that they may added to make Tide Coldwater?

The best powdered detergent i have used in a very long time - my whites are whiter than ever. I am having trouble finding this product in the stores but it is definitely worth trying it out.

I gave tide coldwater as a x-mas gift to this sexy women, and she gave me the hug of a lifetime, it was like i gave her a rolex. I cant wait for her birthday, thank you tide coldwater.

After a few hours of wearing my clothes, they always get old and smelly. A quick wash in Tide Coldwater using HOT water (this is key) is all it takes to get my outfit extremely clean, and I'm ready to continue my day with confidence. It also keeps my clothes cleaner for longer. For example, I can get 3 hours out of a pair of jeans, where before, I'd only get 2. Thanks, Tide Coldwater!

Tho may sound as a good product for normal cleaning is the Tide original the detergent is also stated as "In 2006 the development of Tide was designated an ACS National Historical Chemical Landmark in recognition of its significance as the first heavy-duty synthetic detergent." so for good heavy, duty cold water is pretty good but for normal cleaning stay with original.

I just started using Cold Water tide and am now covered in hives. i googled "cold water tide causes hives" and found I'm not alone.. keep it in mind!

I was surprised at the excellent job this product does. We have very hard water and Tide regular didn't do the job on whites but Coldwater Tide is great.

I just went to CVS to buy Tide Coldwater and found that it had benn taken off the shelf. I have been to 5 CVS stores and find they have all taken it off the shelf.

Has anyone used Tide Free laundry soap for sensitive skin? Or does anyone know of a better more budget friendly laundry soap for sensitive skin? We are on a very tight budget and I have heard Tide has the best laundry soap for sensitive skin! Thanks!

Lisa from Lebanon, IL

I am interested in reviews of Wind Fresh powdered laundry detergent carried by Sam's Club. I am currently using Arm and Hammer powdered detergent, and I'd hate to get stuck with a huge container of Wind Fresh if it doesn't clean well. Is this product a winner or loser? Thanks in advance for all comments!

truerblue from PA

I am interested in reviews of Wind Fresh liquid laundry detergent carried by Sam's Club. Thanks in advance for all comments!

By Junior from Canovans, Puerto Rico