Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers

Is there any additive that can be added to laundry detergent to make it "HE"? I just purchased a front loader and have stores of regular detergent that I don't want to have go to waste.

By Alicia from Harrisburg, PA

Answers:

Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers

I have had an HE washer for about 10 years and I always purchase regular detergent. I just use half the amount and it works fine. It actually enables me to save money because I get twice as many loads out of a bottle of detergent and the clothes all seem to come clean. I do about 14 loads a week! I think maybe the HE detergents have less suds in them because when someone else used my washer and used a full cap the suds were crazy. I had to run the washer without detergent to get them to go down. Good luck, you will love this washer! (08/19/2010)

By copygail

Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers

I also use regular detergent in a smaller amount. Since the recommended amount of detergent is way too much to begin with, I use only a quarter of the recommended amount in my HE machine. (Half would be about right for a regular machine.) I also use only a tiny smidgen of fabric softener. (08/19/2010)

By chretienne

Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers

I've found that for my LG washing machine that I must use powdered detergent because the liquid formula leaves a bad smell. (08/20/2010)

By ddpmkrupa

Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers

I use regular detergent, almost always liquid, and non-scented. The appliance repairman that worked on my other appliances said to use about 1/4-1/3 the amount recommended for a standard washer. I also add about a tablespoon of borax and/or washing soda per load, and use vinegar as a fabric softener. We have never had an odor problem in 12 years. (09/11/2010)

By Contester

Laundry Soap for Front Loading Washers
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄