Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes

Category Sandwiches
Egg salad sandwiches are as unique and delicious as the many variations of the salad filling. This page containtsegg salad sandwich recipes

This may very well be the best egg salad ever!

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 4 sandwiches

• 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 2/3 cup mayo
  • 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dill relish
  • baby spinach leaves
  • potato bread (or your favorite)

1. Peel, rinse, and dry the boiled eggs.
  2. Slice them and put them into a bowl.
  3. Using a potato masher, carefully mash the eggs until all of the egg whites are cut up and the yolks are totally crumbled.
  4. Add mayo and stir well to combine. I added the mayo 1/2 cup at a time so that I could adjust the creaminess.
  5. Ad
  6. Then add the relish, mustard, and garlic powder. Mix well.
  7. Approximately 1/2 cup is enough for one sandwich. After putting the egg salad onto the bread, you can add spinach leaves for extra nutrition. Enjoy!

I will make this egg salad sandwich, sounds great. I think it was thoughtful to put the pictures to make it fun and the recipe even easier to follow for beginning cooks out there.

Dana Jacobi0 found this helpful

Egg and Vegetable Salad Sandwich

Egg and Vegetable Salad Sandwich

When you write about food, even good friends hesitate to ask you over for a meal. Inviting me to stay for a summer weekend is even more fraught, no matter how much I assure them I'm content to munch on burgers or canned tuna with carrot sticks in exchange for the chance to soak up the sun by their pool.

To show my gratitude, I make it a point to give my hosts a break and prepare at least one meal a day. As a way of ensuring I get plenty of time pool-side, I have perfected the art of making dishes that impress while requiring minimal time and effort. Some are deliberately creative, like pork strips stir-fried with sliced plums, ginger and hoisin sauce. I might follow this with a dessert of pears, quartered and warmed in honey with a dab of butter, then seasoned with black pepper and served with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt. But sometimes I simply try to provide a new twist to an old favorite.

Egg salad is particularly easy to vary in appealing ways. If the weekend brings a cool or cloudy day, I make a hearty version by adding chopped mushrooms and onions, sauteed until well-browned. In between slices of whole-wheat toast, it goes especially well with a warming bowl of leek or onion soup. For an elegant lunch, I spoon ordinary mayonnaise-dressed egg salad into whole romaine lettuce leaves, line up red pepper rings and a couple of cold shrimp along the top of these filled boats, and toss the whole thing with bottled Italian salad dressing.

But my most memorable egg salad variation is this open-faced sandwich. I got the idea from a lunch at a restaurant in Copenhagen that serves 230 kinds of open-faced sandwiches. This one features egg salad full of crunchy, colorful vegetables and olives, heaped over baby spinach leaves on top of a square of whole-grain pumpernickel or black bread.

Egg and Vegetable Salad Sandwich

Ingredients

Directions

Place the eggs, whole, into a pot large enough to hold all four in one layer. Add cold water until the eggs are covered by two inches of water. Over medium-high heat, bring the water to a full boil. Boil eggs for 30 seconds, cover the pot and set aside, off the heat. After 15 minutes, drain the eggs. Using the back of a spoon, crack them all over. Set the pot under running cold water for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs.

Place 3 of the hard-cooked eggs in a mixing bowl. Halve the fourth, discard the yolk, and add the white to the bowl. Chop the eggs. Add the carrots, celery, chives, olives, shallots, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper and mix with a fork until well combined.

To serve, place a slice of the bread on each of 4 plates. Cover each with one-fourth of the spinach. Mound one-fourth of the egg salad on top of the spinach. Add 3 tomatoes to each plate and serve immediately.

Makes 1 1/2 cups, (4 servings).

Per serving: 112 calories, 4 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat), 13 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. protein, 2 g. dietary fiber, 300 mg. sodium.

This is a salad on bread. Egg salad sandwich has always been a simple thing.

Recipe for Egg Salad Sandwich. Mash 6 hardboiled eggs (or more) with potato masher. Add what you may want of Kraft Sandwich Spread, start with less as you mix. . .

Videos

This short video shows you how to make Laurel's egg salad sandwiches. View the full recipe here: Laurel's Egg Salad Sandwiches

Now this is smart, real smart. Spinach instead of Iceburg lettuce. Smart. Only a moderate amount of prepared mustard. Smart. Dill relish rather than sweet (I hope it was drained.) Smart. I've never added garlic powder to mine. Could be a smart addition.

Occasionally, I add grated cheese to mine.

I find a hand held chopper easier than a potato masher.

Great video, Y'all!