Lawn Mower Carburetor Leaks Gas

I have a Craftsman Riding mower LT1000, 42 in. cut, 2007 model. It is leaking gas into the bowl where the carburetor is. The gasket is sealing, it's not leaking out there.

I purchased a new "needle" and it is still leaking. I had asked them to order needle and seat, but they only ordered the needle. Do you think it could be the seat I need now?

By bren_bama

Lawn Mower Carburetor Leaks Gas

My guess its not the needle or the seat. It is more likely to be a faulty float. Remove the float and shake it, if it has fluid in it you need a new one. Otherwise the float setting is incorrect and it needs adjusting. You can check whether the needle is shutting off by hooking up a piece of tubing and blowing and at the same time pushing up the needle. It should close; just check the float would be my thinking.

rustyreks (09/26/2009)

By rustyreks

Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start