Lawn Mower Woes: Starter Cord Won't Pull

I put my new Tubobilt lawn mower together. It started the first time I pulled the rope. Then, it stopped and the rope will not come back out.

Jorgette

Answers:

Lawnmower Woes: Starter Cord Won't Pull

Do as everyone has said, but after you have taken the wire of the spark plug out of the spark plug, look at the tip of the plug, it might be black with carbon and will need cleaning with a dry cloth. Make sue the oil is full in the oil compartment.

I would also find some 3 in one oil or 2-stroke ready mixed flue and add it down the spark plug hole, and let it sit for a while. Don't go to crazy with the oil down the S/plug hole, just like 3 or four small drops, then turn the blades by hand slowly, this should free up the piston. If it still won't move, consult the paper work or take it down to the local DIY store where you bought it from. Then let them know what's wrong with it. Hope it helps. (08/19/2008)

By DayTripper

Lawnmower Woes: Starter Cord Won't Pull

I've had 2 different reasons for that:
1. The blade couldn't move because of dried clippings that had been wet when I mowed.
2. I forgot to hold the throttle/choke bar when it was new and I wasn't used to having it. (08/20/2008)

By siris