Leaves on Gardenia Turning Brown

My gardenia was beautiful when it came from the florist shop and it said partial sun on the tag. However, it has been over a month and it is doing awfully. Most of the leaves turned brown, dried up, and have fallen off. There are only a few green ones left, what should I do?

By morbetomommy from KS

Answers:

Leaves on gardenia Turning Brown

Is it still in the pot it came it? It may be root bound, which means that the roots are tight and smothering each other, because they are too big for the pot. You could try repotting it or planting it outside. (07/13/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Leaves on Gardenia Turning Brown

The same thing happened to one of mine. I found out that they need to be kept damp, but not wet. I let mine go dry and now it is doing better since I check the moisture, also they like the shady side of the yard, the north side. Mine is on the east side because it gets the morning sun and is in
the shade in the afternoon. I also bring mine in the house when it starts to get cold and is going to freeze. (07/18/2009)

By Marcia S

Leaves on Gardenia Turning Brown
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
gardenia in pot
Indoor Gardenia Care
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Lilac Flowers
Lilac Leaves Turning Brown
🎄