Leftover Soup

I hate to waste food and sometimes you might have that little bit of taco meat or sloppy joe meat left over. Save it in a freezer bag and the next time you are at a loss for something good and warm, take it out. I like to dice some potatoes, add water and let them cook awhile. Add a few cans of vegetables like corn and green beans and the leftover meat. Let simmer awhile then add a can of tomato soup. Makes a nice cheap soup. You can use whatever leftover vegetables you may have instead of canned. I have used cabbage, kale, carrots, leftover navy beans, leftover macaroni, etc. at various times. I don't worry about this soup becoming another leftover, there's never any left over!

By Dawn from Gary, IN

Answers:

Leftover Soup

I always make soup from leftovers too. I have a freezer, and in the summer when I put up veggies, I pour the water I blanche them in into a container and put it into my freezer. It helps keep my freezer full so it runs more efficiently, and in the cold weather, I have flavored stock for my soups. I have to laugh when people ask for soup recipes. I say, use what you have and be creative. We've eaten some of the best soups this way. (11/08/2006)

By susanmajp

Leftover Soup
Turkey dumpling soup with carrots.
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄