Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

I have really dark brown hair (almost black) and I was wondering if I can use lemon juice to high light my hair? And is it okay if you use lemon juice from the store that's prepackaged or does it have to be directly from lemons?

By Jessica from Little Rock, AR

Answers:

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

Unfortunately lemon juice won't lighten your hair, at best it will just leave you with a bit of orange or brassiness. If you have really dark hair and want to go lighter, your best bet is to get it done professionally. Even at-home hair colors should only be used to lighten hair three shades, tops. (06/14/2010)

By mollyring

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

Mollyring is right, lemon juice may work on blondes but for darker hair it doesn't do anything. The sun may bring out some highlights but if you want lighter ones, a beauty salon is the place to go so you don't end up with brassy colorations. (06/15/2010)

By Amy3e

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

With the feedback attached, I would say it is cheaper to go to walmart for at $8 box of dye/lightener than to use kitchen supplies that when you skrew up, you have no help on the phone for questions. Remember, many skrew ups have to be cut off or wait for it to grow out and then cut off. Which is worth your nickel? (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

Sun-In is a terrible product! Never use it! I personally use a mixture of bottled Lemon Juice and Moroccan Oil (can be bought from professional Hairdressers). It Works Great! While Moroccan Oil is quite pricey ($40 AUST) it is well worth it. I usually start with dry hair, make a mixture of Lemon Juice and Moroccan Oil (90/10) and saturate my hair with it. It is not necessary to go outside, but it may help if you want to go blonder. :) (08/14/2010)

By jimmys123

Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄