Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

I recently heard that lemon juice can lighten your hair. I know that not everyone's hair is the same, but I thought I would try it out. I used a spray bottle with 1/2 water and 1/2 bottled lemon juice. I sprayed down my unwashed hair with the water. I laid in the sun for a little over an hour and I took a shower and shampoo/conditioned as normal. I did not blow dry my hair afterward because that can be damaging.

I started out with light brown hair but I was blonde when I was young, and now I have dirty blonde hair. I will keep doing this until I get the color that I want. By using a mix of lemon and water, my hair is not dried out. It is softer than it has ever been and I love it. Not everyone has the same type of hair, but I suggest that you try it out.

By orange hair tie from Utica, MI

Answers:

Lighten Your Hair With Lemon Juice

I recently heard about lightening your hair with lemon juice from a friend, and this website. I thought I would give it a shot, since when I was younger my hair was completely blonde, and then changed to light brown. Hearing that concentrated lemon juice can be damaging to your hair, I decided to buy fresh lemons and squeeze my own lemon juice, then mix it with water and a few drops of oil to keep my hair soft. I sprayed the mixture in my hair, laid in the sun for about an hour, then showered using Suave Damage Repair Conditioning Treatment. Once my hair dried, it was softer then ever and a sweet caramel colour. I love it. (My hair is fine, so this is sure to work with fine hair.) (06/27/2009)

By Adddie Ann

Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄