Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

I have naturally dark brown hair, but I dyed it black 5 months ago. I want to know if lemon juice will lighten it since it's summer now?

By ash28 from CA

Answers:

Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

Lemon juice will not lighten chemically colored hair. (06/08/2009)

By SusLuvsVintage

Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

Use straight peroxide, might have to do it several times, using a hair dryer to heat so it will activate it. After doing so use a good conditioner or your hair will be extremely dry. (06/08/2009)

By Robbie

Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

I think lemon juice will dry out your hair. I don't think it will change the color. If you don't like the color, can you try another color? (06/09/2009)

By mulberry204

Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

Lemon juice won't do much by way of lightening hair that's been dyed black, but it will lift a teeny tiny bit. Lemon juice is also a great natural hair conditioner because, like vinegar, it is acidic. There's nothing to lose by giving it a try.

You can try peroxide, but when it lifts it will have a brassy tone so if you do it be sure to experiment first with some hair clippings in a clear glass bowl to make sure you'll like the final effect. You can check every five minutes to see the lightening effects/progress.

Hope this helped. (06/09/2009)

By Deeli

Lightening Dyed Hair With Lemon Juice

I'm naturally light blonde, and decided to dye my hair red. I didn't like the colour so I put a dark brown/black colour dye over the top. I wanted to go back to blonde, but couldn't dye it as it would fall out from over dying it. So I used lemon juice and sat out in the sun for a bit, and the colour faded a lot. It turned it a ginger colour so lemon juice does work. (05/28/2010)

By abigurl

Dyed Hair
Toning Down Dyed Hair
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄