Lilac Bush Not Blooming

I have a lilac bush that has never bloomed. I have had it for 10 years, it gets green leaves and that is all. I have cut it back as I was told to do but still don't get any blooms. Please reply with anything you think may help.

I am in zone 6

Thank-you,
JMS

Answers:
Lilac Bush Not Blooming 03/31/2006
My lilac wouldn't bloom either until the lady at the nursery told me to clear the grass close to it and add minerals. I pulled the grass for about 6 to 8 inches around and put some old shingles to keep the grass from re-growing. The minerals made the difference. They bloom beautifully now. It is wise to fertilize before the leaves appear each spring.
By siris (Guest Post)
Lilac Bush Not Blooming 04/01/2006
The way you prune is important. Lilacs bloom on the previous season's new growth. An easy way to keep track of that, once you get it started blooming, is to cut bouquets while it's in blossom. If you cut enough, you'll have next year's pruning done.
By Coreen (Guest Post)
Lilac Bush Not Blooming 04/07/2006
Lilacs bloom on new wood, if you must trim them do so early in the summer so they have time to grow new wood, for next summer's blooms. I have 30 year old lilacs and have never trimmed they. I do cut out large old limbs out of the center as needed.
By SUSIE JORDON (Guest Post)

Lilac Blooming
Lilac Not Blooming
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
🎉
🎄