Lint Roller For Dusting Lamp Shades

To dust a lamp shade, use a lint roller. Roll it all over the lamp shade. When done, the shade will look brand new!

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Answers:

Lint Roller For Dusting Lamp Shades

Great for smooth shades, not so great for pleated, woven, sheer or beaded ones. I cannot buy the lint roller, so I just use wide masking tape on smooth ones, that lasts MUCH longer for the money and has other uses as well.

Don't let your lint roller get worn or damaged or it will be useless. Keep that thinking cap on and share all your ideas with us. It's fun and thrifty! God bless you. : ) (05/30/2007)

By Lynda

Lint Roller For Dusting Lamp Shades

I have dogs, so by definition, I have lint rollers. Many lint rollers. Lots of lint rollers scattered throughout my home. This lint roller lamp dusting concept seemed like a good idea to me.

At 6:00 a.m. this morning, I tried it. Yes! I had just showered and dressed, and, you guessed it, grabbed the lint roller in the bedroom to get the dog hair off my jeans. I started working on the four-sided square shade with the roller. It appeared to be working! Unfortunately, the shade was turning in place as I was working on it, so I grabbed the finial and instead of tightening (okay, I am a lefty and I probably turned it the wrong way), it came off in my hand.

Next, I dropped the heavy metal lamp finial. On its way down, it broke the lamp's light bulb. Now I was standing barefoot in my darkened bedroom at 6:00 a.m. with electricity in a broken light bulb and broken glass to clean up.

Of course, I "survived." I unplugged the lamp, cleaned up the glass. The whole incident just put a bit of a damper on the little dusting tip I had discovered.

(11/04/2009)

By Barbara T.

Lint Roller for Dusting Lamp Shades
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
Lint Roller
Uses for a A Lint Roller
Paint Roller Snowmen
Paint Roller Snowmen
exercise roller machine
Finding a Vintage Roller Exercise Machine
🎄