Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

How do you remove lipstick from laundered clothing?

Candice

Answers:

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

Buy a bottle of Greased Lightning. It removes all types of stains, even those that have set in from being in the dryer. I would spot test first to make sure it doesn't fade the material but to date have not had that happen. (09/15/2004)

By Patti

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

Be careful with the Greases Lightning. It took the paint right off my house! Usually if the shirt was already put in the dryer, the stain is pretty much set in... you could try putting a dab of detergent or Dawn on the spot and scrubbing it in with an old toothbrush, or maybe try oxyclean. (09/16/2004)

By kimmcg

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

Try washing the items with 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent and 1 cup powdered laundry detergent. It even works on stuff that's already been dried. I accidently washed a whole load of khakis with a tube of pink lipstick, and this took it out completely! (11/11/2004)

By calnorth

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

Calnorth is a genius! I washed and dried a whole load of clothes with pink lipstick. Soaked it in one cup of powdered laundry soap and one cup of dishwasher detergent (in wash machine with hot water) and it removed all lipstick! Took two soakings, but worked like a charm! Thanks for the help. (05/27/2005)

By Kate

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

Thanks Calnorth, 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent and 1 cup powdered laundry detergent in hot water works like magic on lipstick on laundered clothes. It saved my whole load of white laundry with Pink Lipstick discovered after dryer.
(05/18/2006)

By Guest

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

An even quicker way to get lipstick out of clothes that have been dried in the dryer is to put dish detergent directly on the stains ( I have used Dawn detergent and generic they both worked.) Then quickly rub material together where the stains are. I have done this to about 5 different loads of laundry in the past, some of the clothes were literally covered with red lipstick. Just wash in hot water. It only takes one cycle and there is no soaking involved. Clothes come out without a single trace of lipstick! (06/12/2006)

By floridabelle

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

I had a few pieces of clothing that put in the dryer with wine colored lipstick. It melted and dried into them. I used Murphy's Oil Soap the original formula to rub on each stain then laundered. It worked like a charm. (07/17/2006)

By pyardy

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

A heavy duty hand cleaner like what painters use they sell at home depot works wonders! (07/27/2006)

By Nicole

Lipstick Off Laundered Clothing?

The shortening-detergent method of removing the lipstick of of Mom's linen skirt worked like a dream. Thanks so much for the helpful information! (08/15/2006)

By M. Rach

Lipstick stain on a white shirt.
Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
pots of lipstick
Making Lipstick
Opened tube of Red Lipstick on black leather surface
Removing Lipstick Stains on Leather
🎄