Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe

I've used a recipe for making homemade laundry detergent, it contains borax, washing soda, grated soap, glycerin, and water. I have used the same recipe in the past, but didn't add the glycerin and water and just used it as dry powdered detergent. However, now that I've put it in a container, it seems to have formed a solid soap layer at the top of the jug!

Do any of you make liquid laundry detergent? If so, how do you keep it LIQUID? And do you have any tips on how to save this batch?

Rachel from California

Answers:

Keeping Homemade Laundry Detergent Liquid

I make my own laundry liquid, when it is cold it sets so I mash it up with a potato masher real well and then I use my bamix on it and mine always stays liquid till the end. I store it in an airtight container. I have included my recipe - 1 cake of soap(vegetable oil based), 1/2 cup washing soda, 1/2 cup of borax, 8-10 liters water, heat water dissolve ingredients, allow to cool, sometimes i add glycerin. Use vinegar in rinse water, My washing comes out beautifully clean and soft. (04/23/2005)

By Sharon Fergusson

My laundry liquid does the same thing when I use commercially made soaps (when I use homemade soaps, it doesn't). I do mine in a 5 gallon bucket, and after it sits over night and becomes that lumpy, goopy mess, I just stir it up with a large wooden spoon. It becomes liquid again with no problem. After that I pour it into old laundry detergent containers. To keep it liquid I just give it a little shake before I pour it out. (05/02/2005)

By Keena

I have used this recipe and I want my laundry liquid detergent to have a thick texture just like the commercial ones. What should I add to make it viscous? Also, what should I add for my laundry liquid detergent to form bubbles? This recipe isn't giving foam at all. (12/15/2005)

By lilabytes

Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe

Can you use glycerine soap in place of the vegetable oil soap or "laundry" soap? (03/11/2006)

By camo_angels

Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe

I use homemade lye soap instead of fels naptha and it contains glycerine. My clothes are clean and soft and I don't need to use a fabric softener. (07/05/2006)

By sharon

A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry Detergent
Making Homemade Laundry Detergent
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎄