Living Room Paint Color Advice

Living Room Paint Color Advice

I need help choosing paint colors. I just bought a house that has light grey carpet. The living room has light brown walls with a green marble fireplace, white blinds, and I own a burgundy leather furniture. What color of paint, if any, would go with these existing items?

By Christina from Overland Park, KS

Answers:

Living Room Paint Color Advice

Several years ago I had the same problem. I bought a shade of paint called "Flora" from Walmart. It was so beautiful that while I was selling the house people commented on it and asked what color it was. I liked it so well I painted several rooms with it. The thing about that color was that it looked different in other rooms depending on the light. It was a kind of sandy color with a slight coral tint. (03/27/2010)

By Ann

Living Room Paint Color Advice

Why not take the picture with you to look at color samples. I'm thinking something burgundy or slate blue. (03/27/2010)

By Noella

Living Room Paint Color Advice

To me, having watched a lot of HGTV shows, I would say a nice red would work. Crimson red, would probably do a trick cause it will bring out the black and the gray in the carpet. On the other hand, a yellow might work, but then it may make that trimming of the wood look funny. If you don't mind painting the wood, I would paint that white, and then do the crimson color. The wood color is probably the hardest thing to match because it's just well different than the rest of the colors.

Now again the other colors, on the prints would not go with the red, So, I would suggest maybe a off white or cream, but then that's a bit boring, but it would bring about the color of the pictures, or maybe a lilac color to bring in the prints, again I would repaint the fireplace wood to white. (03/27/2010)

By rosefroggie

Living Room Paint Color Advice

I think it would be neat to paint the wall that has the fireplace a reddish shade that matches your burgundy leather furniture. Then paint the other walls a lighter shade of red. Good luck! (03/29/2010)

By kitkatk100

Living Room Paint Color Advice
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
🎉
🎄