Living in a House with Smokers

I am under house arrest, in my brother's home. My brother is a heavy smoker, it's his house, and his wife is a heavy smoke also. I don't smoke; I hate it. What can I do to get a smoke free environment? Asking them to just stop, is out of the question. I have bought candles to try and help to no avail.
Thanks.

the thing to do is to make your room a smoke free sanctuary, and make sure that at least in your room you are free of that

- if you can afford it, you can purchase an air purifier with an activated carbon filter - http://homeairg  moke-cigar-odor/

- launder every cloth surface in the room, including the carpet. THat means, bedding, sheets, pillows, curtains, etc. Rent a carpet cleaner, or use baking soda to clean it

- leave a cup of coffee grounds around. This absorbs odours

- leave a cup of vinegar. The smell combats the tars that create odours. If you can, via having a microwave oven or hot plate in the room, heat up the vinegar to activate the odour-removing properties. Another thing to do if you can heat water is to heat orange peels.

- leavce these activated charcoal satchets around, they absorb odours - https://www.ama  56766375f25080ba

Here are some guides with more ideas:

http://www.getr  -of-smoke-smell/

Can you go outside? I would try to get as much fresh air as possible. Its not just the smell, its also what it does to your lungs and health.

I understand the health concerns, but you are in someone else's home, and it's their home, so they can do what they want. Hopefully you have your own space. Charcoal does absorb the odors. It would be nice if you could convince them to stop smoking, but I wouldn't count on it.

I assume you have some kind of probation or pre-trial officer assigned to this case. You could tell him/her your situation and maybe they can move the location of your house arrest.

Can you open your bedroom window several hours daily and freshen the air? You could replace the a/c filter weekly, also there is a product that's enzymatic sold by tobacco stores and online called Odor Exterminator. It comes in many scents. A Himalayan salt lamp neutralizes negative ions and removes them. So in your brothers area use the spray , in your area use spray plus get a salt rock lamp. I know Bed Bath and Beyond sells them. One last thought is a diffuser humidifier with essentials oils in it.

Washing everything in your room, opening a window (even just a crack), a small container of vinegar, a Himalayan salt lamp and a spritz of Febreeze might help. Don't forget to keep your bedroom door closed.

i have the same problem but with my parents try getting incense and keeping your bedroom door closed at all times. if you have a window open it during the day. vacuum your room often if you have carpet. if your clothes smell bad put a dryer sheet in your drawers. 3 or 4 times a month put your bed set either in a dryer with dryer sheets or let them air out side then put baby powder and backing soda on your mattress before you put your bed set back on. try not to keep dirty cloths in your room they collect smoke.

Keeping Your House Smelling Nice With Smokers
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 19, 2017
A girlfriend and boyfriend struggling to pay bills.
Sharing Living Expenses With a Boyfriend or Girlfriend
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Living in a Small House, Small White House
Living in a Small House
Ashtray
Removing Smoke Odors from Furniture
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 8:18:03 AM on 10.0.1.18 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.