Locating Someone for Free

How can I find a person for free? Tips as suggested by the ThriftyFun community. Post your own advice below.

Editor's Note: Please do not post the person's name that you are trying to find here. We do not have any way to contact people through ThriftyFun.

Whitepages.com Or Reunion Sites

You can use http://www.whitepages.com/9900/ and do a free people search without knowing the city/state. If she has married, though, I would go through Reunion.com or Classmates.com as a free member, and you can at least find her married name if she ever signed up on one of those.

By camo_angels

Google or AnyWho.com

My husband just put me in touch recently with my best friend. We hadn't seen each other in over 40 years. It was great. Keep trying Google and also check out: http://www.anywho.com. Do you by any chance know if she had brothers? Their names wouldn't change and hopefully you'll find your long lost friend.

By Holly

I recently found a friend that I had lost track of 35 years ago. I used www.zabasearch.com. Good Luck!

By Margaret

I know I have posted this before, but here's another shot! http://www.myspace.com

I have found so many people through Myspace! And better yet: people I forgot about have found me, good people. It is free and fun to set up your own website. Just be safe, don't give people your address, phone number, etc. And you go to your "Myspace" to get messages, so no one gets your e-mail address. And finding people from your school is easy and better than that classmate site.

By Starchild in VT

Much Information Is Old

You just have to carefully go through the information. Much of the information listed in the people search sites is about 10 years old.

By Joan

Yahoo People Search

I've found many people from 30 years ago! with Yahoo People Search. The thing to do is, don't look at the big areas of big lettering - look at the small lettering and keep searching from there. It will appear as if you haven't found them, but they may be right there! Also remember their mother's or father's name or their sister's or brother's name - check them all on yahoo people search - if you find them, they will often remember you and tell you how to get a hold of the one you wish to contact.

By Lily 59

Several Sites To Try

Zabasearch, classmates.com, reunion.com, MySpace, and Google their name. As a previous poster mentioned, look through old yearbooks for brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Call them as last resort. I found everyone who is still living from my 1962 graduating class in 2005 and then again in 2007, and I hadn't seen them since 1962.

By Noella

Locating Someone for Free

Try Facebook. I have recently been contacted by people that I have not seen or heard from in 30 years. Nice surprise and it is very easy to join. (05/12/2008)

By Gina

Locating Someone for Free

Great site, gives relatives too! (05/13/2008)

By SnowyFilly

Locating Someone for Free
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Locating Adopted Relatives
Locating Adopted Relatives
A basket of cornbread muffins.
Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes